Detoxification is about cleansing and nourishing the body from inside out. It helps in keeping the body healthy by removing toxins and also protects from many diseases.Toxins are not exactly toxins but any harmful substances which can have negative effect on the body.There are some symptoms which shows the body needs to detox like- Unexplained fatigue, Sluggish elimination, frequent headaches,Puffy eyes, mental confusion, Bloating, Irritated skin etc.
Benefits of detoxification- Prevention from chronic diseases, increased energy,Radiant and glowing skin, improved quality of life, new healthy habits and routines, stronger immunity
Tips for detoxification-
- Meditation and exercise
- Increase water intake as it helps to remove toxins from body.
- Take steam bath and sauna
- Take minimum 6-7 hours’ sleep
- Exfoliate your skin: Scrubbing and massaging helps to remove dead skin and also gives freshness. It also helps to improve blood circulation.
- Drink green or herbal tea
- Reduce the intake of sugar
- Drink more lemon juice as vitamin C helps to flush the toxins out of the body and also makes the skin glowing.
Some foods which helps to detoxify body
- Garlic- It helps to reduce fat which can block the arteries and also removes the toxins from digestive system.
- Fresh Fruits.
- Green foods- Include more green foods in diet like- spinach, wheatgrass, herbs etc. which helps to clean the body from toxins.
- Nuts and seeds- Add Flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds to your diet to detox the body.
- Omega-3- use avocado, olive and flax seed oil as these oils helps to eliminate toxins.