5 Simple Ways to Quit Smoking
5 Simple Ways to Quit Smoking: Now-a-days smoking has become a synonym of fashion and social status with men as well as women. However it has many health complications and for somebody to maintain a healthy lifestyle, they should quit smoking. Read on for amazing tips to quit smoking.
What is Smoking ?
Smoking is a practice in which a person burns tobacco and the resulting smoke is inhaled. Smoking tobacco can be in different forms such as cigarette, cigars, pipe tobacco or hookah. The tobacco contains tar, carbon-dioxide and nicotine, which is an addictive drug. Smoking can cause severe health conditions such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, kidney failure, infertility and cervical cancer in women.
How to Quit Smoking ?
There are a lot of people who wish to quit smoking for the sake of a healthy living. They make efforts but fail to come out of the addiction of nicotine. The lack of will-power makes it difficult for them to stop their old smoking habits. Smoking has many negative health effects, because smoke inhalation inherently poses challenges to various physiologic processes such as respiration. Diseases related to tobacco smoking have been shown to kill approximately half of long-term smokers when compared to average mortality rates faced by non-smokers.
Smoking causes over five million deaths a year !!
Being an addictive drug quitting smoking is a challenging task for a smoker. But a strong will power and some medications can help a person in quitting smoking.
Here are Top 5 ways to Quit Smoking
- Quitting smoking can only start with strong determination. Once you have decided to stop smoking, you can set a quit date. Quit gradually, or reduce your cigarette intake slowly until your quit date and then stop.
- Ask friends and family who smoke to not smoke around you.
- Try to Keep yourself busy when you feel urge for smoking. You can keep yourself busy by physical exercise, reading books, listening to music, meditation etc. and take healthy diet.
- Consult doctor for nicotine reduction therapy. In such situations, one should take the help of prescription medications.
- Avoid alcohol and other drug addictions. Consume healthy drinks instead.