Medical Nursing Assistant / General Duty Assistant
Possible Designations: -Nursing Assistant
Scope/ Area of work
It is one of the most well-known paramedical professions which is a vital part of medical care. In the hospital, from general ward to the operation theatre, nursing assistant are required everywhere to do patient care. Nursing is an essential component of the healthcare system clinics/Nursing Homes.
The roles of a General Duty Assistant, serving for inpatient facilities, include the following:
• planning and organizing the unit
• Nursing care
• Assistance in housekeeping and sanitation
• Transportation of patients and specimens
• participating in ward management, post-mortem care, etc.
The Duties of a General Duty Assistant
• General Duty Assistants, commonly known as Nursing Care Assistants, Nursing Assistants, Nursing Aides, Bedside Assistants or Orderlies are required to take care of patients’ daily care, medication, safety and comfort.
• they are the ones who ensure and maintain a suitable environment for the patients during the recovery period.
• General Duty Assistants also make sure that the patients are fed with a healthy and well-balanced diet.
|General Duty Assistant (DGDA)||1 Year||10+2|
|General Duty Assistant (GDA)||6 Months||10th|
|Diploma in Medical Nursing Assistant (DMNA)||1 Year||10+2|
|Certificate in Medical Nursing Assistant (CMNA)||6 Months||10th|