No water, no life. No blue, no green
Yes, that’s right. Everything, everyone in fact the whole world cannot survive without water. Plants need water, animals need water, human beings need water to live and survive. Water is the most important resource of nature that is required to ensure our survival. Life cannot exist without water.
We need water every day and every time. From drinking to cooking food from bathing to cleaning we use water all the time. Water is also essential for agriculture, for running industries and for transportation.
An average person can stay alive for many days without food but without water it is impossible to live for more than one or two days.
We can contribute to conserve clean water by making some small efforts. These small efforts made by us can save considerable amount of water.
You can do your bit to save water by following these water saving tips. So save water to save life.
- Keep the tap closed while you brush your teeth, by
doing this we can save 6 litres of water every minute.
- If you find a dripping tap in your home immediately fix it, it will help to save 15 litters of water a day.
- Always use a watering pot instead of water pipe for watering the plants a water pipe uses 540 litres of water per hour.
- Plug the sink or get a tub to wash dishes in so you don’t need to let the water run.
5. Turn off the tap when you are scrubbing your face while washing the face.
We can save many litres of water by taking shorter shower.
- You can wipe your glass widows with a wet cloth rather than washing it. 9. We can use the rinse water from the washing machine for mopping the floor
- Wash the vegetables and meat in a container instead by using running water.Importance of saving water
Water is a free-flowing, transparent, odourless, liquid substance that forms a large portion of living organism’s body. We all should save water because:
- We all need water to survive.
- Our ecosystem is entirely dependent upon the supply or availability of water.
- Water is an essential component of agriculture since it helps nourish the crops that we eat,
- Water helps us to keep our homes clean.
- We also need to drink water every single day in order to stay healthy.
- Human life can only survive a few days at most without water.
Conclusion: When water is polluted, it involves massive consumption of energy to make it clean or usable. Polluted water is not safe for the environment. When we save water, it also ensures much energy is saved, which can be used for other purposes. So, saving water, and ensuring that our stocks of water are fairly distributed to everyone who needs them, is absolutely crucial for keeping us alive.